ANN ARBOR SOCIETY FOR MUSICAL ARTS & KING’S KEYBOARD HOUSE
Announce the Rosalie Edwards Youth Music Competition
Open to all middle-school and high-school musicians (instrumentalists and vocalists) ages 13-18 residing in Washtenaw County
FIRST PRIZE: $200 co-sponsored by King’s Keyboard House & Ann Arbor Society for Musical Arts
SECOND PRIZE: $100 sponsored by Society for Musical Arts
THIRD PRIZE: $75 sponsored by Society for Musical Arts
Winners will perform in the Society for Musical Arts Spring Concert Series at the Ann Arbor City Club on Wednesday, March 13, 2019 10:30 a.m.
Preliminary Round: Deliver your application and recorded audition recording (maximum 8 minutes) by Friday, February 1st 2019 at 6pm to Jim King: King’s Keyboard House 2623 Stadium Blvd., Ann Arbor, MI 48104
· Recordings MUST be on a CD, DVD or YouTube
· Students choose their own repertoire and must include the composer and title of their piece(s)
· Please include a 3×5 card with competitor’s name, age, address, phone number, email, name of school, private teacher, and the name and contact information of parent/guardian
· A non-refundable audition fee of $15 must be paid by check, made payable to SMA
· Competitors without an audition fee will be disqualified.
IF SELECTED, YOU MUST AGREE TO PERFORM AT THE WINNER’S RECITAL ON MARCH 13, 2019 10:30 a.m.
Final Round: Selected finalists will give a live performance on:
Sunday, February 10th 2019 3-6 pm
Trinity Lutheran Church, 1400 W. Stadium Blvd, AA, MI
Performers are responsible for providing their own accompanist. Judges may determine that the March 13th concert will showcase two or more prize winners. Prizes will be awarded at the winner’s recital.
Please contact Penny Fischer at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Information about the REYMC is also available at annarborsma.org.